Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Commenting Issues

Hello All,

I thought that it was just me and my limited bandwidth preventing me from commenting in response to your comments ... however, I've heard from others that you're having issues signing in so that you can comment or comment annonymously.  I'm not actually sure how the anonymous thing works, but apparently this whole login/comment issue is a Blogger wide issue: 

I go to a blogger blog and comment, and instead of my username being there I have to pick "google account", which then takes me to the login screen, where I login (selecting remember me), and I get taken to the comment form again, and show up as anonymous, instead of as my user name. Then I type the word verification, and click post, and it takes me to the login screen again. Then after I login again it takes me to the comment, and I have to start all over again.

Sound familiar?  If so, here's the fix that I found: 
1. If a blog's comment form takes you to the log in page, UNCHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS "REMEMBER ME" and log in. It will take you back to complete your comment.
 
It worked for me when I posted a comment I've been trying to post for a while.  Hopefully that works for now, but the makers of this technology are apparently working on a better fix.  In any event I look forward to your comments, or failing that your emails.  Heck, if you want to email your comments, and I have internet to do so, I can post it if you really want. 
 
Best of Luck!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment