Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Preview to a Trilogy ... Makes this a Quadrilogy?

There has been a marked absence in my writing lately.  On the one hand, this simply means that I need to stop fooling myself.  I will continue to write and update this site as often as seems reasonable, however, any sort of schedule I may once have set for myself is so far out window that I no longer even hold the illusion of maintaining it.  To further insult this wayward schedule, this is not even really a post.  Sure, technically it is posted, however the reality is - this is advertising and forewarning. 

There is a three part - potentially a four part - series about to show up on this blog.  The good news is that at least the first half will be heavy on visuals and perspective, although relatively light on words.  The bad news for some, is that the topic of this series is death.  How we mark it, the relationship we, as cultures and societies, deal with imminent passing, and the memories of those we love, our superstitions and how those influence our actions and our speech.  That said, if you haven't already tuned out.  There are those who belong to cultures which do not wish to engage in this conversation or who may not be comfortable viewing places of burial.  Death, at times, surprises us with its arrival and may make it less comfortable to keep company with such shadows.  I will try to remember to announce the publishing of non-death related posts with as much zeal as I warn of the presence of death within this series.  To my family and friends - I will take no offense if you choose not to partake.  To everyone else - I will also not be offended, but will be utterly unaware of your avoidance.  Enjoy your anonymity. 

For everyone else:  Stay tuned.  My next planned posting here share the life I found in death ... or something similarly titled.

Be well.

1 comment:

  1. Love ya, Babe! I have always been fascinated by tombstones. I don't think it morbid. My experience has taught me that there are many things in life worse than death. Death is, after all, the natural completion to our journey, at least on this road. Look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete