Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Life in Death - Creature Comforts

Speaking of wandering ... one day I went to a cemetery. 

My intent was to talk about how we view death.  Our perspective isn't inherent in human existence in the way that laughter and human affection from a parent to a child can be.  It is taught.  It is learned.  I went to the cemetery both for a little inspiration and for some imagery - however tangential - to liven what can be a very somber topic.  What occurred instead was I got distracted. 

If you prefer we can call it further inspiration, but the reality is, instead of writing one post on the topic I set out to write, I have the material for at least 4 posts ... maybe one of them will resemble the originally intended posting.  This, however, isn't that post.

This post is about life.  I spent the middle of the day, maybe four hours total roaming around a cemetery.  It's a beautiful piece of land, overlooking a fantastic skyline, and as luck would have it home to many a woodland creature.  It struck me.  A place which is intended to be reflective and a home for those who have passed out of this life, a center for death and for marking of the ends of human interaction .... actually is quite alive if you're willing to notice.  So here it is, the life I found in a place of death:

The start to a day of discoveries










Life upon Life










Musical discoveries were added to the mix










Not a solitary incident










Looking for a seed snack










Regal posts












with the greatest of detail











A feast with fuzzy friends





















The Grand Finale









 

1 comment:

  1. Cemeteries, especially old cemeteries, are very special places. They are quiet, peaceful and beyond the daily. I somehow feel closer to myself there, maybe because so many outside distractions are removed or at least put on hold.

    Looking forward to further posts!

    ReplyDelete