Wednesday, September 18, 2013

We Interrupt This Program for a Public Service Announcement

I pride myself on being someone who knows where her food comes from.  True, I may not know what my veal's name used to be, but I at least understand that it is baby cow.  I know my tapenade is mashed up olives, and recognize tahini as a product of a street named Sesame.  So it was with great shock and a little bit of shame today that I realized, when I looked at my dinner, I had NO idea what it looked like before it came to the grocery store and was prepared for my plate.  In order to prevent this from happening to you, I present to you, scallops.

Because this:



Is also this:

Image Courtesy of:  http://www.thescallopshack.com/scalloping.php


and now you know!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I am surprised at you, being a former frequent visitor to West Meadow Beach as you are. Haven't you seen scallop shells in the past? Either way, knowledge is a wonderful thing! Congratulations! (And I hope your apartment doesn't smell for too long!) By the way, that looks yummy! (But I would replace the asparagus with green beans, I think ... but that's just me)

    ReplyDelete